Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Tab sites to be banned

  1. #1
    Inactive Member sean606's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 12th, 2005
    Posts
    263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You're probably all aware of this now but just incase...

    The MPA (Music Publishes' Association) are trying to ban tab sites because it "deprives the songwriter of the ability to make a living".
    www.taborama.com has already been closed although apparently only temporarily.

    Full article HERE

    Just interested in opinions...

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ December 24, 2005 03:56 PM: Message edited by: sean606 ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member tattguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2005
    Posts
    107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    when tabs are outlawed.. only Outlaws will have tabs

    check out http://www.fretplay.com/tabs/s/social_distortion/

    since i suck at playing by ear ( pretty much suck at guitar in general) i'd miss these sites if they are banned. i can see an artists point of view, be nice if they could get a few bucks for a tab book like in the old days.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Mudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2004
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Suck! I just started playing guitar this year too!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member GassaNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2005
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That is a load of CRAP I hope that someting can be done to stop this. I can't read music, tab is my only hope. You almost never see good music transcribed in any guitar mag. Ball and chain is the only Social Distortion song I've seen.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member ScottMoore's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 30th, 2004
    Posts
    55
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by GassaNova:
    That is a load of CRAP I hope that someting can be done to stop this. I can't read music, tab is my only hope. You almost never see good music transcribed in any guitar mag. Ball and chain is the only Social Distortion song I've seen.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I wouldn't sweat it too much. I heard the same thing when I first got online (must be 10 years ago?) and you still hear it now and again. All the tab sites are still up, though, and I don't think they're going anywhere. Plus, if you need help learning some songs, there's plenty of people willing to help on this message board. Here's an easy one: Story of My Life is G C D chords all the way through. Now you know two songs. Happy New Year.

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ December 26, 2005 12:09 PM: Message edited by: ScottMoore ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Mudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2004
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Also check out www.ultimate-guitar.com or just click on the link below. They have 86 Social Distortion songs ... many different versions of the same song.

    http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/...rtion_tabs.htm

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_hellcat_v8's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    while we're on the subject of tabs, can anyone help me out with either of the solos to Winners and Losers? i found the chords but not a decent tab, and i'm a bit too lazy to figure it out by ear.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member social_d_fan01's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 2005
    Posts
    531
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    this is gonna suck if they do get banned cuz im just learning guitar and cant read sheet music

  9. #9
    Inactive Member tattguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2005
    Posts
    107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    nice tab site mudd...
    heres another one ...

    http://www.thetabworld.com/Social_Di...itar_tabs.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •